One-stop for all coverages
Unlike most carriers, Skyward Specialty is committed to serving the complete needs of mining customers. We cover several types of mining, including aggregates, precious metals, and rare earth elements. And we provide these customers the full range of coverages, including workers’ compensation, general liability, commercial auto, and more. Our customers and distribution partners count on Skyward Specialty because we focus on insuring, not excluding. Subsidence, pollution, water, blasting – we’ve got you covered. Plus, we have mine engineers who will go to sites to provide inspections and loss control services to make operations safer, reduce claims, and drive down costs.
We know the mining industry inside and out and all of its insurance coverage idiosyncrasies. Our two segment leaders have 50+ years of experience between them, meeting the needs of mining customers and their agents, and our entire team is ready to help you.
Jimmy Godfrey and Rob Roberts are true professionals. They understand that clients and brokers need information immediately. Both of them make themselves available because they understand this is a relationship business. Jimmy and Rob find ways to write accounts and provide solutions rather than excuses. We are very fortunate to have Skyward Specialty as business partners and look forward to growing our business with them.
We offer a complete range of packages to help provide mining insurance protection to mining operators and contractors.
- A.M. Best rated A-IX (Excellent) carrier(s)
- Admitted Paper in most states
- $5,000 minimum premium on General Liability
- $2,500 minimum premium on Workers’ Compensation
Skyward Specialty Mining Available Limits
- General Liability – up to $1,000,000 occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate
- Auto Liability – $1,000,000 CSL
- Excess Liability up to $10,000,000 limit
- Property and Inland Marine Liability limits up to $10,000,000 per occurrence (However, we can entertain larger schedules of values)
Our coverage options include broad mining industry-specific protection features including
- Inland Marine
- General Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Commercial Automobile
- Pollution (Time Element)
- Excess Liability
Skyward Specialty Mining coverage extensions include (but are not limited to)
- Underground and Waterborne Equipment
- Continuing Rental Expense
- GL for Blasting Operations (no xcu exclusion), Flood and Subsidence
- Products and Completed Operations
- Pollution – Sudden and Accidental (Time Element)
Skyward Specialty Mining Submission Requirements
- Skyward Specialty Mining Application
- Completed and signed ACORD application
- 5 years currently valued loss runs or as long as the applicant has been in business
- Workers’ Compensation Census
- Résumés of owners/managers, hiring practices, safety programs and notification if the business is a new venture