Dedicated to construction
Construction drives our economy. Contracting insureds work in a business with immense opportunity, but this also exposes them to enormous risk. That’s why Skyward Specialty has dedicated itself to this vital sector, where so many other carriers take a pass. We offer a broad range of industry coverages plus independent forms to provide a comprehensive coverage offering to make the construction industry run. We partner with the industry’s top construction and crane agents and wholesalers to provide targeted contracting clients access to our construction experts.
Construction industry insurance is an extremely specialized category. Our experts have served this market for decades and know how to build coverage solutions and program structures to fit contractors’ specific needs. All of this experience goes a long way. It means better coverage for your customers and better service end-to-end, from fast quotes to smart risk control to expeditious claims handling. Our dedicated and highly experienced Underwriting, Claims, and Risk Control service teams do nothing but construction so we know your business and can provide you and your clients the ultimate in service.
We offer the complete range of coverages to help agents and wholesalers serve the construction insurance markets.
- Crane Rental with/without Operator, Rigging, and Millwright
- Incidental operations typically associated with class including Specialized Hauling/Trucking/Warehouse/Equipment Dealers (x-service)/other related classes
- Accounts that use cranes in their operations such as Steel Erection, Concrete Panel Erection, Pile Drivers, and Bridge Contractors
- Specialized Hauling or “for hire” Trucking – exception basis and incidental only
- Heavy Mechanized Operations
- Excavation & Grading
- Earth Retention
- Site Preparation
- Steel Erection & Fabrication
- Bridge, Overpass, and Culverts
- Pipeline (no live line)
- Street, Road & Asphalt Paving
- Underground Utility (water, sewer, conduit, cable, telecom)
- Specialty Contractors
- General Contractors
- Commercial Trade Contractors (Roofing, Pool, Concrete; Electrical; HVAC; Plumbing)
- Drillers (Horizontal and Directional)
- Crane, Rigging, & Millwright
- Construction Equipment Rental & Dealers
- Renewable Energy Contractors
- Wind Turbines; installation and erection, including Metal Tilt-up Towers, Metal Guyed Towers, Metal Self-supporting Towers
- Solar Panel Installation; Non-residential
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Automobile
- Excess Liability (up to $5M)
- Workers’ Compensation
- IM and Property – (exception basis - will support when lines MUST be written with the casualty lines to move the account): focus is Low Limit exposures up to $500K values per location or per equipment item (no coastal wind)
- Commercial General Liability and Commercial Auto
- Workers’ Compensation and Employers Liability (if payroll is “crane operator” driven)
- Excess Liability capacity up to $5M
- Property/IM: Low Limit exposures to $500K values per location or item (no coastal wind)
- GL: Rigger’s Liability via CCC Exclusion Endorsement OR “On-Hook” coverage; “Per Project” GL limits with a $5M Aggregate Cap
- GL OR AUTO: Mobile Cranes covered as per state requirements or client request
- Excess: true follow form Excess; follow form CCC available
- Dedicated Crane Underwriters and Crane Claims Professionals with construction-focused Risk Control Services and Crane Contract support provided through TPAs.
I have been working with Skyward Specialty for about 5 years. I have found them to be creative, fair, and willing to find a way to write an account. The forms and extensions of coverage are broad and exceed industry standards. Overall, a pleasant experience.